In a changing landscape of regulatory updates not even the terminology for a South Africa Visa is set in stone. Historically a ‘South Africa Visa” referred to a short term visit for either holiday or business. The latest regulations (slowly being implemented) have seen various ‘permits’ (as they were referred to) now become visas.
Confused, please see our below information which should lead you to the correct information on the South Africa Visa most appropriate to your needs (just click for more information):
South Africa Visa options for immigration (temporary and permanent)
South Africa Visa information for short term stays such as holidays
Who should apply for a South African Visa?
A South Africa visa is required by certain tourists, business visitors, interns and volunteer workers to enter and stay in South Africa. Whether you need a visa or not to entry and stay in South Africa as a tourist depends upon which country you are from.
How do I get a South African Visa?
A South Africa visa application is dealt with by South African missions and representative offices in your country or the nearest one to you. Visa’s are not issued on arrival and must be obtained and affixed to your passport before departing on your journey to South Africa. Should you arrive without a visa you may be refused entry and placed upon a return flight.
Where can I get a South African Visa Application Form?
An application for a South Africa Visa can be obtained by clicking the link below:
South Africa Visa
What do I need to apply for a South Africa Visa?
- Passport valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of the intended visit.
- Passports must contain at least 1 (one) unused page for entry/departure endorsements (sometimes referred to as visa page).
- Payment of the prescribed fee, if applicable.
- A vaccination certificate, if required by the Act.
- Statement and/or documentation confirming purpose and duration of visit.
- Two (2) identity photographs.
- Proof of financial means in the form of:
- bank statements
- salary advices
- undertaking(s) by the host(s) in the Republic
- medical cover
- or cash available, including credit cards or travellers’ cheques
- (to cover the living expenses during the sojourn in the Republic.)
- Applicants traveling by air must be in possession of:
- a return or onward ticket or
- proof of sufficient funds or
- lodge a cash deposit of equivalent value to such a ticket.
Do I have to apply for my South African Visa in person?
The mission or representative requires the original passport but will accept applications by third parties such as travel agents, immigration practitioners or courier services.
How much is a South African Visa Application?
A South African visa application costs are R425, $47 US or €43
How long will my application take?
Published processing times are 10 days but it is wise to check with the individual mission or representative.
Do I need a Visa if I am only in transit?
For most nationalities a visa is not required t make use of the transit area at a pot of entry, to view those nationalities that require a transit visa please click here…
Do I need a Visa for medical treatment?
South African visa’s are required for people wishing to receive medical treatment in South Africa. For further details please click here…
Getting help with your South Africa visa or permit application
We welcome the opportunity to consult with you as to your eligibility for a visa /permit and answer any questions you may have with no obligation.
Alternatively you can fill out the below online enquiry form to contact us.