Do you want to learn more about applying for a life partner visa in South Africa? Do you understand fully what a life partner visa is? Would learning the requirements for applying for a life partner visa, benefit you? If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, you may want to continue reading.
What is a life partner visa?
A life partner visa is a specific type of relative’s visa which assists people who are in permanent relationships. One of the partners in the couple may be a South African citizen or permanent residence holder, while the other member may want to reside with their partner.
Should I apply for a life partner visa?
Applying for a life partner visa should be made if you are in a permanent relationship with a South African citizen or permanent resident holder and wish to join them in South Africa.
What should I know about applying for a life partner visa in South Africa?
It is important to understand right from the start that to successfully apply for a life partner visa or permit there are a number of criteria the applicants must meet. Perhaps the most onerous being the compiling of sufficient evidence that the relationship is indeed of a permanent nature and it is one of a ‘life partner’ status.
What must I submit when I apply for a life partner visa?
Some of the documentation that you will be required to provide when applying for a life partner visa includes:
- Police clearance for the applicant.
- Medical certificate for the applicant.
- Radiological report for the applicant.
- Background and supporting evidence as to the Life Partnership.
- Proof of address as to current and future cohabitation.
- Evidence of your permanent relationship.
- Original identity documents of the South African citizen or permanent residence holder.
- Letter of Support from the South African citizen or permanent resident.
- Financial proof such as bank statements or salary advice of the South African citizen or permanent residence holder.
Will I be able to work, study or run a business?
The good news is that you will successfully be allowed to work study or even run a business on a life partner visa. You will just need to apply for the applicable endorsement to your visa.
Getting help with your visa or permit application
We welcome the opportunity to consult with you as to your eligibility for a visa and answer any questions you may have with no obligation.