A good many exceptional skills work permit holders may already be aware, and a good many maybe not, that the new immigration regulations have come into effect and have had a profound effect on your existing permit.
In short the exceptional skills work permit no longer exists to new applicants and you can read more about it at https://www.intergate-immigration.com/blog/quota-work-exceptional-skills-permit-renewal/.
What this means to you?
It does not effect your current status in South Africa, but as a temporary resident it has a major effect on your future ability to renew your exceptional skills work permit, or / and apply for permanent residency. This will no longer be possible.
It might not be bad news?
There is a good chance you may well qualify for the new work visa that has been introduced, the critical skills visa. If so there could be some major benefits including:
- No job offer is required to apply.
- It allows the holder to enter and stay in South Africa for 12 months to secure a position.
- It is based on a well researched list of occupations that are badly needed in South Africa, helping foreign employees and employers.
- No restrictions in terms of the numbers in each listed occupation.
- No Department of Labour recommendation, so quicker turnaround times.
- Deals with the professional bodies specific to the occupation.
- Can be a pathway to permanent residency immediately as well an immediate 5 year working visa.
- Qualification for a critical skills visa if you qualified as a Doctoral graduate (PhD) in South Africa.
- Less obligation on employers.
You need to take action, waiting until your existing essential skills work permit expires is not an option, you will not be able to renew it.
Intergate are offering essential skills work permit holders a free consultation to establish their eligibility options for other visa types and permanent residency.
About Intergate Immigration Established in 2006, Intergate has successfully processed in excess of 6000 immigration applications. Our team comprises of 30 plus experienced immigration consultants and we are the only South African Immigration company to offer our clients the reassurance of being ISO 9001 accredited.
Read what our clients say about us:
“Dear Chloe, and all at Intergate, I would like to express a sincere ‘Thank You’ for all of your hard work over the last couple of years. I appreciate how frustrating at times it must be to deal with Home Affairs but your perseverance to get the best results have now secured my Permanent Residency Permit and the opportunity and freedom for me to continue to live and work in South Africa.
The service you have provided throughout has been fantastic and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Intergate Immigration to anyone requiring the services you offer. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! All best wishes, Matt”