The festive season in South Africa is exciting and joyful. As with any country in the world it is important to remember to stay safe. There are many festive safety tips for South Africa, which will make your holiday season that much safer and more enjoyable.
Festive Safety Tips For South Africa
If you have been living in South Africa for some time, it is very easy to get forget the basic festive safety tips. If you are tourist or in South Africa for the first time, then these safety tips for South Africa, should be used and taken into consideration.
Although these focus on the festive season in South Africa, they should be applied all year around.
Some tips to stay safe during the festive season:
• If you are traveling an unfamiliar route, make sure to plan your route properly ahead of time.
• Try to avoid back roads as much as possible.
• Always be aware of your surroundings.
• Be aware that shopping malls will be crowded plan accordingly.
• Park in well lit areas at night.
• Never give lifts to strangers.
• Always have a map of the area on you.
• Be aware of the emergency numbers just in case.
• Do not carry around large sums of money.
More basic safety tips to consider:
• Be extremely careful on the roads.
• Keep valuable items concealed.
• Be aware of strangers.
• It is always better to travel in groups.
• Do your own research.
• Keep your car doors locked at all times.
• Always be sure to have certified identification on you.
• Keep your important items locked up in a safe at home or at your hotel.
Overall the festive season in South Africa is a fun and happy time. There are many incredible small towns and tourist destinations to visit all over the country.
The sun is shining, summer is here and there are plenty of magical memories to be made. Please consider these safety tips in order to keep, you and your loved ones safe. Enjoy the festive season in South Africa.
If you have any questions, or need help with any of your immigration needs, please do not hesitate to contact us. One of our helpful immigration consultants will be able to assist you further.
You can reach one of our Cape Town agents at +27 (0) 21 424 2460. If you’re in Johannesburg, give our office a call on +27 (0) 11 234 4275.
Alternatively if you prefer for us to call you, then all you need do is a request a call back. It is as simple as that.