A much underused permit route into South Africa and one that appeals on a number of levels:
- The application leads straight to permanent residency
- Faster turnaround times at the DHA
- Once received there is no restriction on the economic activities the holder may undertake
- There is no obligation to bring any of your wealth to South Africa
- It is an excellent vehicle for those seeking Permanent residency in another country and compares favourably with, for example, the more onerous Canadian investment scheme
The financial criteria is that the applicant most show a net wealth of the equivalent of R7.5 million rand. As an example a year ago this equated to 555,000 GBP whereas now it is now some 140,000 + GBP less at 409,000 GBP.