If you are in a relationship with a South African citizen or permanent residence holder, then you may want to learn more about the life partner application process for South Africa. Even though the life partner application for South Africa may seem straight forward it is actually one of the easiest permits to get wrong.
Today we would like to answer some frequently asked questions with regard to the life partner application for South Africa.
Can I apply for a life partner permit?
Ensuring that you can qualify for the life partner permit, involves three things:
- Can your application show and prove that you have cohabited for five years?
- Can you show distinct evidence that you are in a permanent relationship with a South African Citizen or permanent Resident?
- Is your partner’s status as a South African Citizen or Permanent Resident intact? Many South Africans have taken on a second citizenship. Unfortunately some did not do so within the laws of South Africa and obtain the appropriate permissions beforehand. All is not lost if this is the case, but further work will be required in terms of a determination of citizenship.
Where do I apply for a life partner permit?
When it comes to the life partner application process South Africa, the most frequently asked questions is where to apply. To apply for a life partner permit, generally you will need to make the submission in your country of origin. Whilst you can still apply for a life partner permit in South Africa, this can only be done when you already possess a permit or visa that entitles you be in South Africa.
What must I submit when I apply for a life partner visa?
Some of the documentation that you will be required to provide when applying for a life partner visa includes:
- Police clearance for the applicant.
- Medical certificate for the applicant.
- Radiological report for the applicant.
- Background and supporting evidence as to the Life Partnership.
- Proof of address as to current and future cohabitation.
- Evidence of your permanent relationship.
- Original identity documents of the South African citizen or permanent residence holder.
- Letter of Support from the South African citizen or permanent resident.
- Financial proof such as bank statements or salary advice of the South African citizen or permanent residence holder.
Will I be able to work study or run a business?
When it comes to the life partner application process for South Africa, the good news is that you will successfully be allowed to work study or even run a business on a life partner visa. You will just need to apply for the applicable endorsement to your visa.
Getting help with your visa or permit application
We welcome the opportunity to consult with you as to your eligibility for a visa and answer any questions you may have with no obligation.You can take our free one minute assessment here or request a call back for more information.