An invitation to Quota work permit holders from Intergate Immigration
A good many quota work permit holders may already be aware, and a good many maybe not, that the new immigration regulations have come into effect and have had a profound effect on your existing permit.
In short the quota work permit no longer exists to new applicants and you can read more about it at https://www.intergate-immigration.com/blog/quota-work-exceptional-skills-permit-renewal/#more-1049.
What this means to you?
It does not effect your current status in South Africa, but as a temporary resident it has a major effect on your future ability to renew your quota work permit. This will no longer be possible.
It might not be bad news?
There is a good chance you may well qualify for the new work visa that has been introduced, the critical skills visa. If so there could be some major benefits including:
- No job offer is required to apply.
- It allows the holder to enter and stay in South Africa for 12 months to secure a position.
- It is based on a well researched list of occupations that are badly needed in South Africa, helping foreign employees and employers.
- No restrictions in terms of the numbers in each listed occupation.
- No Department of Labour recommendation, so quicker turnaround times.
- Deals with the professional bodies specific to the occupation.
- Can be a pathway to permanent residence immediately as well an immediate 5 year working visa.
- Qualification for a critical skills visa if you qualified as a Doctoral graduate (PhD).
- Less obligation on employers.
You need to take action, waiting until your existing quota work permit expires is not an option, you will not be able to renew it.
Intergate are offering quota work permit holders a free consultation to establish their eligibility options for other visa types and permanent residency.
You can take advantage of this by either calling us on:
+27 (0) 21 424 2460 (Cape Town)
+27 (0) 11 234 4275 (Johannesburg),
About Intergate Immigration
Established in 2006, Intergate has successfully processed in excess of 6000 immigration applications. Our team comprises of 30 plus experienced immigration consultants and we are the only South African Immigration company to offer our clients the reassurance of being ISO 9001 accredited.