What Type Of Immigration Visa Do I Need For South Africa?

What Type Of Immigration Visa Do I Need For South Africa?
What Type Of Immigration Visa Do I Need For South Africa?

Let us start by saying that if you are planning on immigrating to South Africa, you will need to obtain an immigration visa.

An immigration visa is not a visa category but rather refers to the type of visa which you will need for immigration purposes.

Today we will be discussing the various types of visas you could explore for immigration purposes. We will attempt to help you answer the question: What type of immigration visa do I need for South Africa?

There are various different visa and permit options for immigration to South Africa.

Here are a few listed below:

  • Work visas.
  • Retired Person visas.
  • Business visa.
  • Study visas.
  • Spousal and Life Partner visas.
  • Relatives Visa.

Work visas

There are four different types of work visas. Work permits and visas are regulated by the Department Of Home Affairs. They ensure that any skill shortages that may exist in South Africa are met. They also ensure that a company’s requirements to relocate certain skilled staff on a temporary basis to their South African operations are also met.

As you can imagine. the work visa is well suited should you be coming to South Africa for work purposes.

Read more about work visas.

Retired Person visas

South Africa is a beautiful country and it should come as no surprise that it is an extremely popular destination for retirement. South Africa is very welcoming to people from all over the world who wish to come to South Africa for retirement purposes.

Read more about Retired Person visas.

Business Visa

This immigration visa is geared towards entrepreneurs who are looking to run and establish their own business. One of the fundamental goals behind the business visa is to encourage investments into South Africa. It is also geared towards creating employment in the country.

Read more about the Business visa.

Study visas

The study visa is geared towards foreign students who would like to study in South Africa. South Africa has some of the best universities in the world. South Africa offers an excellent studying destination with fairly low living costs.

Read more about Study visas.

Spousal and Life Partner visas

The Spousal and Life partner visas are specifically geared towards spouses and life partners of South African citizens and permanent residency holders who would like to come and live in South Africa based on their relationship.

There are very strict regulations and requirements. Couples who want to obtain permanent residency will need to prove that they have been together for a minimum of a five year period.

Temporary residence may also be applied for and should a spouse or partner wish to work in South Africa, an endorsement may be applied for.

Read more about Spousal and Life Partner visas.

Relatives Visa

The relatives visa extends to second kin for temporary applications and first kin for permanent residency applications. The relatives visa is a very popular visa option for relatives who wish to come and live in South Africa and who meet the requirements.

Read more about the relatives visa

Getting help with your immigration visa or permit application

Please note that there are more visas available, in addition to the visa options listed above. There are many different visa and permit options which you could explore.

If you require any help or assistance, we welcome the opportunity to consult with you as to your eligibility for a visa or permit and answer any questions you may have with no obligation.

You can take our free one minute assessment here or request a call back for more information.