Intergate, in conjunction with our travel visa partner offers a bespoke Congolese visa service that provides advice, compilation of the application, submission and return.
Please go here for assistance with visas for the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Who needs a Congolese visa?
Visitors to the Republic of the Congo must obtain a visa to enter the country unless they come from one of the visa exempt countries or countries that can obtain a visa on arrival.
What type of visas are available?
The Republic of the Congo has tourist visas as well as business visas:
- Tourist visa: This visa allows tourists to the Republic of the Congo to enter the country.
- Business visa: The visa is issued for business purposes including but not limited to:
- Establishing professional and business contacts;
- Making arrangements for investments in the Republic; and
- Doing feasibility studies.
What are the requirements?
The main requirements for a Congolese visa are:
- Passport valid for at least 6 months after your return.
- A copy of your full itinerary, preferably from a travel agent.
- 3 Months’ recent bank statements.
- An employment letter, if your purpose is business.
- A letter of invitation, for business or tourism purposes.
You must also meet certain health requirements and get all the recommended vaccinations.
How do I apply for my visa?
A Congolese visa is applied for at the Embassy or Consulate of Congo or visa application centre.
Please note: You must apply for your visa prior to travelling.
Do I have to go in person to submit my Congolese visa application?
Intergate, in conjunction with our travel visa partner, can arrange the submission of your visa application on your behalf. However, this may change as more and more embassies are requiring the visa applicant to submit in person.
Do I have to pick up the visa in person?
Intergate, in conjunction with our travel visa partner, can collect your passport on your behalf. Please note this is may change as more and more embassies are requiring the visa applicant to collect their passport in person.
How long will it take?
The processing time for Congolese visas are three working days.
How long will my visa be valid for?
The Congolese visitor visa is valid for 90 days and allows for multiple entries. The business visa is valid for 30 days and also allows for multiple entries. You must apply for an extension if your business trip requires a stay of longer than 30 days.