Intergate, in conjunction with our travel visa partner, offers a bespoke Tanzania visa service that provides advice, compilation of the application, submission and return.
Who needs a Tanzania visa?
Travellers to Tanzania, with the exception of certain nationals, need a visa when travelling to Tanzania. South Africans do not require a visa if the intention is to stay for a maximum of up to 90 days, provided the traveller’s passport is valid for 6 months from the date of entry.
For what purposes can I obtain a Tanzania visa?
Visitors to Tanzania can apply for any of these visas:
- Ordinary visa, also known as Visitor’s Pass: Ordinary visas are means for tourism or other non-business related purposes, such as visiting friends or family.
- Business visa: The business visa is issued to prospective investors who wishes to visit Tanzania for purposes such as:
- Feasibility studies;
- Establishing professional and business contact; and
- Making arrangements for investments during the initial investment phases.
- Multiple-Entry visa: This visa is meant for business people and investors who have to make frequent trips to Tanzania.
How do I apply for my visa?
A Tanzania visa is applied for at the Embassy or Consulate of Tanzania or a visa application centre.
Do I have to go in person to submit my Tanzania visa application?
Intergate, in conjunction with our travel visa partner, can arrange the submission of your visa application on your behalf. However, this may change as more and more embassies are requiring the visa applicant to submit in person.
Do I have to pick up the visa in person?
Intergate, in conjunction with our travel visa partner, can collect your passport on your behalf. Please note this is may change as more and more embassies are requiring the visa applicant to collect their passport in person.
How long will it take?
On average, it takes anywhere from 2 to 15 days, longer in some cases, to process a Tanzania visa.
How long will my visa be valid for?
The ordinary visa and business visa are valid for up to three months, but while the ordinary visa can be extended, this is not possible for the business visa.
Multiple-entry visas are valid for up to three months per visit within a six or 12-month period.