Languages Langauges
Intergate Immigration South Africa
Intergate Immigration
Home    Intergate Profile    Testimonials    Contact Us    News    Login
South Africa Immigration Permits
Intergate Immigration
Intergate Immigration
Intergate Immigration


Intergate Immigration Service has an expert team of immigration consultants and certified Home Affairs practitioners. The team has the latest knowledge on immigration legislation and has well established researched information on expected relocation procedures and changes.

Foreign Exchange

Foreign Exchange

Exchanging money can be a daunting experience. Our well-informed experts can save you avoidable charges. Incompass Financial Solutions will guide you through the exchange process. The experts will advise you on the best solutions, whether it is a lump sum of money or a staggered monthly transaction.



SA Homebuyers has been established with the aim of providing a sophisticated property buyers service. Acting as an independent property consultant, the service provides an unashamed bias towards protecting the buyers interest and assists in securing you the right property, in the right area and at the best price.



Seeking tax advice is never high up on anyone's shopping list, however the perception that tax advice is a necessary evil is not always correct. Yes it is true that tax advice helps you to comply with legislation and ensures compliance but it can also offer the opportunity to structure your affairs in the most tax advantageous fashion.



Whether it is house and home, car insurance, medical aid or commercial cover, Incompass Insurance offers a free and independent assessment on your specific insurance needs. Furthermore, Incompass Insurance is one of the biggest guest house insurance brokers in South Africa.



Opening up an appropriate bank account in South Africa often proves more difficult than you may think. We are able to provide our clients with advice on local banking, cash accounts for lump sums and Swiss banking.

How to immigrate to South Africa
Click here to start the Free Quick Immigration Eligibility Assessement

  Spousal Visa for temporary residency  
Spousal Permit for permanent residency

Brochure Download
Monthly Audio Podcasts
Newsletter Subscription
Visa Options Business Visa Work Visa Family Visa Retired Visa Partners Visa Relatives Visa Study Visa

Spousal Permits / Visa's - Immigration To South Africa

South Africa Spousal Permits VisasSpousal permits / visa's for immigration to South Africa are issued in the case of a husband or wife of a South African citizen or permanent residence holder wishing to immigrate to South Africa.

A spousal visa is a temporary visa that is normally issued for 2 to 3 years, whereas a spousal permit is for per permanent residency that allows for an indefinite stay in South Africa.

As with most applications to the Department of Home Affairs; there are various documents that need completing and supporting evidence supplied. One of the main items is obviously the proof that the marriage is valid; this is achieved simply by submitting the marriage certificate as part of the application.

If you are not married but life partners (a couple) please click here.

Spouse Visa - Temporary Residency

For foreigners who have been married for the less than 5 years they will need to apply under the temporary residency criteria. Once the marriage has been in place for 5 years then permanent residency can be applied for.

Spousal Permits - Permanent Residency

Foreigners who have been married for in excess of 5 years can apply for permanent residency as a spouse.

It should be noted that in many cases a temporary spouse visa will still need to be applied for, simply as the processing time for permanent residency can take 24 months and longer.

Same Sex Couples

Spousal permits are available for same “same sex couples” who are married and the process is identical.

Spousal Visas and Permits - Can you work?

Spousal Visa - It is a huge advantage to hold a spousal visa when it comes to studying, working or setting up a business. As a foreigner married to a South African, it negates the need for work permits or business permits to be applied for. A simple endorsement to the spousal visa can be made once the correct documentation is provided.
Spousal Permit - For those who obtain a spousal permit, they now hold permanent residency. Permanent residency means the individual is free to work, study or run/own a business. No endorsements are required.

Getting more information on Spousal Permits

Intergate offers free and non obligatory consultations as to whether you qualify for a spousal permit and what other alternatives you may have. As South Africa's largest independent immigration company, the only one with ISO 9001 and the official partner of Home Coming Revolution, we are a company you can place your trust in.
Contact us today and see for yourself why over 6000 clients have already trusted us with their immigration needs.

Our FREE online eligibility assessment
Request for a call back from one of our dedicated immigration client managers
E-mail us

Further information on the following pages:

South African Spouse Permit
Spouse Permit need to knows
Applying for a spousal permit
Work, business or study on a spousal permit
Can you apply for a spousal visa in South Africa?

Intergate Immigration
Cape Town Tourism Chamber of Commerce Johannesburg AHK SANEC South African Chamber of Commerce