If you have either a child or parent in South Africa, you may make an application for a relatives permit.
Below we look at the requirements for a relatives permit but for those who prefer to speak with one of our immigration team and take advantage of our free consultations, either call us on the numbers above or request a call back here.
What are the requirements?
All applications attract two fees which must be payable in addition to your immigration companies service charges:
- Department of Home Affairs application fee of ZAR 1,520.
- A processing fee to the application centre of ZAR 1,350.
- The applicants unabridged birth certificate or an officiated copy thereof.
- You will need to complete the required application form.
- Biometrics of the applicant which will be taken at the place of submission.
- Where applicable a yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- A police clearance certificate.
- Medical report.
- Radiological report where the applicant is over the age of 12.
- Two (2) passport photographs.
- Proof of financial support showing the required ZAR 8,500 per month, per person.
- Proof of South African citizen/Permanent residence of the relative by means of an identity document or passport.
- Proof of the first kinship to the South African citizen/Permanent resident.
Who can make the application?
It is a requirement for relatives (permanent residence) that the application must be made in person. The South African relative is also required to be present when then application is submitted.
Where can the relatives permit application be made?
If you already hold a valid visa (90 days plus), such as a relatives visa, you may make your application in South Africa.
If you do not hold a visa (90 days plus) then you must make your application outside of South Africa.
Relative Permit South Africa – Do you meet the requirements?
As South Africa’s only immigration company offering its clients the security of being ISO 9001 accredited, Intergate Immigration is well placed to provide you with an assessment of whether you meet the requirements for a relatives permit.
With an unrivalled track record in successful applications (6000 plus and counting) we pride ourselves on ensuring you have all the right information to make informed decisions.
Immigration is complex and there is no substitute for expert advice so we would encourage you to take up our offer of a free and non obligatory consultation with one of our team.
Simply select your preferred method of communication from below and we will be delighted to give you our advice.
Getting help with your visa or permit application
We welcome the opportunity to consult with you as to your eligibility for a visa /permit and answer any questions you may have with no obligation.
Alternatively you can fill out the below online enquiry form to contact us.