It is a fact that South Africa is one of the most beautiful countries in the world. Many people who have travelled all over the globe keeps coming back to South Africa because of its natural beauty. There are many fun facts about South Africa that even people who have lived in South Africa their entire lives may not know.
Today we wanted to take this opportunity to share with you some random fun facts about South Africa.
Some exciting fun facts about South Africa
- South Africa is the largest producer of macadamia nuts in the world.
- The first heart transplant in the world took place in 1967. It was performed by Dr Christiaan Barnard at Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town.
- There are more than 2000 shipwrecks in and around the South Africa coast.
- Guess who is the second largest fruit producer in the world? Yes, you guessed it, South Africa.
- South Africa is the only country in the entire world where a street has produced two Nobel Prize winners in history.
- The Route 62 in the Western Cape is the longest wine route in the world.
- The highest commercial bungy jump in the world is situated along the Garden Route. It is 216 metres high and is called the Bloukrans Bridge Bungy.
More fun facts about South Africa
- The most luxurious train in the world is in South Africa. It is called the Rovos Rail.
- The only manufacturer of the Mercedes Benz C Class right hand drive cars is none other than South Africa.
- The Lion, the cheetah and the wildebeest are three of the five fastest animals in the world and they all live in South Africa.
- South Africa in size is three times the size of Texas and five times the size of Japan.
- There are eight amazing world heritage sites in South Africa.
- An approximate of 20% of the world’s gold is mined in South Africa.
Contact our Immigration team for assistance with immigrating to South Africa
If you would like to speak to one of our helpful and trusted immigration consultants please kindly give us a call on either: +27 (0) 21 424 2460 in Cape Town, or+27 (0) 11 234 4275 in Johannesburg. Alternatively request a call back and one of our consultants will contact you instead.