Sign up for our Immigration for Life Partners Newsletter
Receive the latest news regarding the impending changes for qualification for a life partner permit.
The South African Department of Home Affairs (DHA) has proposed changes that impacts the life partner community:
- New proposed rules will see South African life partner permits require a proof of cohabitation of 5 years
- This will prevent many South Africans returning to these shores with their foreign partners
- Many who have already returned will face the decision of either leaving again, getting married, or even ending their relationship
- Same sex partners now face a situation where obtaining a permit will get much harder
- The new regulations favour married couples over life partners
- These new regulations are proposed to come into effect on 1st April 2014
If you feel, as we do, that the news rules are unjust and unfair please subscribe to this newsletter so we may keep you up to date with developments.
We are seeking legal opinion on this issue and your support to us is vital.
Please also pass this along to any South Africans you know that may be impacted by this new regulations.
Sign up now. It’s free!