The South African relatives visa is open to application for those who are either first or second kin to a South African Citizen or Permanent Residence holder. This can be defined as parents, children, spouse, or siblings.
It is a temporary residence application based upon the relationship and the evidence of the relative applicants ability to sustain themselves.
Below we look at the requirements for a relatives visa. For those who would rather speak with one of our immigration team and take advantage of our one of our free consultations, either call us on the numbers above or request a call back here.
Relatives Visa requirements?
- All applications attract two fees which must be payable in addition to your immigration companies service charges:
- Department of Home Affairs application fee of ZAR 425.
- A processing fee to the application centre of ZAR 1,350.
- The applicant will need to supply:
- The applicants unabridged birth certificate or authenticated copy thereof.
- A completed application form.
- Biometrics (taken at the place of submission).
- Where applicable, a yellow fever vaccination certificate.
- A police clearance certificate.
- A medical report.
- A radiological reports where over the age of 12.
- Two (2) passport photographs.
- Proof of financial support showing the required ZAR 8,500 per month.
- Proof of South African citizen/Permanent residency status of the relation in South African.
- Proof of the second kinship to the South African Citizen/Permanent Resident.
Making a relatives visa application
The applicant themselves must present the application.
Where can the relatives visa application be made?
- If you already hold a valid visa (90 days plus and not a tourist visa), you may make your application in South Africa.
- If you do not hold a short term visa (90 days or less, a tourist visa) then you must make your application outside of South Africa.
Relative Visa South Africa – Do you meet the requirements?
As South Africa’s only immigration company offering its clients the security of being ISO 9001 accredited, our Intergate team is well placed to help.
We have an unrivalled track record in successful applications (6000 plus and counting) and we pride ourselves on ensuring you have all the right information to make informed decisions.
You can take our free one minute assessment here or request a call back for more information.
Getting help with your visa or permit application
We welcome the opportunity to consult with you as to your eligibility for a visa /permit and answer any questions you may have with no obligation.
Alternatively you can fill out the below online enquiry form to contact us.