Like any permit application for permanent residence, making a South African relative permit application is not as easy as it first may seem.
Below we take you through the application steps and help guide you towards the correct permit application, but please bear in mind nothing substitutes a proper consultation. For this reason we offer a free and non obligatory consultation either by calling us on any of the above numbers, requesting us to call you back or emailing your enquiry.
Steps of a South African relative permit application
1. The right permit or visa application
The relatives permit application is for those who can prove a first kin relationship with a South African Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- If you are second kin please see here for the relatives visa option.
- If you are married to a South African citizen or permanent resident, please see here for more details on the spousal permit or spousal visa.
- If you are not married but are in a ‘life time’ relationship with a South African citizen or permanent resident please see here for life partner permits and visas.
2. Making sure you qualify
Problems can arrive in proving the relationship as well as proving that you meet the financial criteria and other requirements. Take an assessment and make sure you qualify before committing to your application process.
3. Compile your application
It is essential to ensure that your application not only has all the correct information and supporting documentation, but that it also shows clearly you meet all the relatives permit requirements.
4. Submitting your application
Prior to submission please note all fees must have been paid. The place of submission is important and this will depend on your current residence status. Please also note that even if your application is submitted this does not mean you will be successful.
5. Monitoring your application
It is essential that your application is monitored as the Department of Home Affairs can suffer from major delays. Keeping up to date with your relatives permit application is essential.
6. Picking up your application decision
Once the Department of Home Affairs has adjudicated your application it will issue a decision, positive or negative. Assuming it is positive you will then also receive your permanent residence certificate.
Getting help with your South African relative permit application
Intergate Immigration is South Africa’s premier Immigration consultant. We offer you:
- The piece of mind of dealing with South Africa’s only ISO 9001 certified immigration company.
- A track record of over 6000 successful applications.
- An experienced team of in excess of 30 able to communicate in 6 languages.
To ascertain whether you qualify and make an application for a relatives permit, either call us or use the links below.
Getting help with your visa or permit application
We welcome the opportunity to consult with you as to your eligibility for a visa /permit and answer any questions you may have with no obligation.
You can take our free one minute assessment here or request a call back for more information. Or simply call us at +27 (0)21 424 2460.
Alternatively you can fill out the below online enquiry form to contact us.